Thursday, October 15, 2009

San Antonio - Pre-Conference Gathering

Today I find myself for the first time in San Antonio, Texas for the 2009, Over the Front conference "Return to the Cradle."

After getting checked into my hotel room I ventured down to the meeting area for the traditional meet-and-greet gathering. As expected I saw a lot of the usual suspects and some faces who were not familiar to me.

The bonus in the attendee folder was a copy of the Over the Front 2009 calendar. Yes, I know 2009 is just about over, but I have been kicking myself for not buying a copy of this at the beginning of the year. I have seen the image of Russell Smith's "Lowenhardt" all over the place this year and really like it. This particular image is on July and I am admiring it as I type.

I did confirm that the Over the Front web site has been down for a few days due to some logistical problems, but should be back up soon.

The final schedule of presentations looks good with a mixture of subjects of which I have some knowledge and others I know nothing about.

I will try to add put some high-lights here each day.

No comments: